ICT S1 to S3 Buisness and Computer Education
S1 CfE ICT - Course Outline
The ICT course in S1 is designed to help pupils attain and develop skills in ICT and Computing Science. In S1 the course is mainly practical and is aimed at CFE Level 2/3.
S3 CFE ICT – COURSE OUTLINE
- Internet Safety – using Ceop materials
- Development of Powerpoint
- Use of email and attachments – using Glow
- Introduction to Keyboarding – using BBC Dance Mat
- Introduction to Word Processing – using Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Spreadsheets – using Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Databases – using Microsoft Access
- Develop research skills using the Internet – Search Engines
- Introduction to Programming and Games Development – using Scratch
The ICT course in S3 is designed to help pupils attain and develop skills in ICT and Computing Science. In S3 the course is a combination of practical work and computing theory and is aimed at CFE Level 3/4.COURSE OUTLINE
- Internet Security
- Development of Powerpoint to include master slide, animation etc.
- Development of Spreadsheets to include advanced functions and formulae.
- Development of Databases to include queries, forms and reports.
- Theory of Computer Systems to include inputs, outputs and processes.